• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unpaid medical bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

girlfriday

What is the name of your state? North Dakota

My ex-husband owes me several hundred dollars in unpaid medical bills. I have full custody of my daughter and he is supposed to pay child support and half of all medical, dental etc.. not covered by insurance. He is caught up on child support, but is 5 years behind on medical bills. Every year for 5 years I have sent him copies of all medical bills, and at the end of the year a packet with copies of the bills for that year and a total of what he owes me for all of the years. He's never paid, and I've always just let it slide, but last year there were some big bills, and now I want that money he owes me. I want to file a claim with small claims court against him...is this the right way to get what he owes me??

Zephyr

you'd probably have better luck in family court

is your court order specific about how you should get the bills to him and in what time frame? is it specific regarding how he should pay you and in what time frame?

fairisfair

What is the name of your state? North Dakota

My ex-husband owes me several hundred dollars in unpaid medical bills. I have full custody of my daughter and he is supposed to pay child support and half of all medical, dental etc.. not covered by insurance. He is caught up on child support, but is 5 years behind on medical bills. Every year for 5 years I have sent him copies of all medical bills, and at the end of the year a packet with copies of the bills for that year and a total of what he owes me for all of the years. He's never paid, and I've always just let it slide, but last year there were some big bills, and now I want that money he owes me. I want to file a claim with small claims court against him...is this the right way to get what he owes me??
file a petition to enforce child support. your medical bills are a part of the support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">