• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unreimbursed medical expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mjsfinancial

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

Within AZ, is their a statute of limitations by which unreimbursed medical expenses need to be submitted to the other party for reimbursement? If there is statute, can someone cite the family law statute.

Specifically, my ex requested repayment of unreimbursed medical expenses that were over 6 months old and from a prior year preventing me from appropriately planning for these costs, especially given that she takes my kids to the doctor like they are going to the movies.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

Within AZ, is their a statute of limitations by which unreimbursed medical expenses need to be submitted to the other party for reimbursement? If there is statute, can someone cite the family law statute.

Specifically, my ex requested repayment of unreimbursed medical expenses that were over 6 months old and from a prior year preventing me from appropriately planning for these costs, especially given that she takes my kids to the doctor like they are going to the movies.
If your court orders do not specify a time frame, then my guess would be that a judge probably wouldn't be too irate about bills that were just six months old. Its even possible, in some cases, that she wouldn't know the true unreimbursed portion of the bill until that point....depending on how slow the doctor's office and the insurance company are about handling them.

I don't know of any state that has an actual statute addressing those issues.

tuffbrk

If your order doesn't specify a timeline, you need to have it modified to include a reasonable timeframe. You need to understand the timelines established by your insurance company for submission of claims - they can vary.

For example, my insurance company does NOT compensate claims submitted from the prior year. The insured has a total of 60 days after year end to have them post marked. Anytime thereafter, you are out of luck as they will be returned unpaid.

Good luck!

mjsfinancial

Child support in AZ: Unreimbursed medical expenses

Within stipulated agreements subsequent to the divorce papers filed my ex and I have agreed to exchange expenses every 90 days so we can better plan our cash outlays. She continually failed to adhere to the agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">