• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Upcoming hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CA

Hello, I have a hearing for modification of support, coming up in two weeks. My daughter started Kinder in August and originally the mother put that she was paying $500 for day care a month. I found out that the school that our daughter goes to, runs from 7 to 230 M-Th. Which is free, so I don't think mom's still paying $500 for daycare. How can I prove this in court, am I allowed to get access to school records even though I'm not the primary parent?

acmb05

CA

Hello, I have a hearing for modification of support, coming up in two weeks. My daughter started Kinder in August and originally the mother put that she was paying $500 for day care a month. I found out that the school that our daughter goes to, runs from 7 to 230 M-Th. Which is free, so I don't think mom's still paying $500 for daycare. How can I prove this in court, am I allowed to get access to school records even though I'm not the primary parent?
Yes you can get access to your childs school records even if you are not the primary parent. This will not help you as far as provong what she pays in child care. For that you will need to go the child care center and ask or supeona their records to see what mom is actually paying.

strongbus

and op be prepared to find out that your ex is still paying the same amount. Some daycare's don't care if the child is there all day or just for a few hours they still charge the same weekly amount.

ok thanks, in the original hearing she told the judge thats how much she paid every month, I guess he just took her word and didn't even ask for any receipts or payment records from daycare. I doubt she pays for any daycare now, she works Mon-Fri. and gets off early from work, I have our daughter on Sundays.

LdiJ

ok thanks, in the original hearing she told the judge thats how much she paid every month, I guess he just took her word and didn't even ask for any receipts or payment records from daycare. I doubt she pays for any daycare now, she works Mon-Fri. and gets off early from work, I have our daughter on Sundays.
If she starts work at 7 its highly probable that she needs before school care.

Not necessarily, her husband works late, but I don't want to assume if she starts at 7 or if she has a 3 hour lunch, would it be possible to ask the judge to have her provide proof of her monthly expense for daycare?

Isis1

Not necessarily, her husband works late, but I don't want to assume if she starts at 7 or if she has a 3 hour lunch, would it be possible to ask the judge to have her provide proof of her monthly expense for daycare?
you can request she provide proof. it's up to the judge to ask her to provide it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">