• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Update on 20%

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hoodlum

What is the name of your state? Indiana Yesterday I received information in the mail from my attorney. In it was papers pertaining to her income. It was 2004 Tax return and her last paycheck stub from the year 2005.

He sent a note and said that he was requesting her 2005 tax return.

I was blown away. Originally when her attorney initially talked to my attorney he said she was claiming that she had made 19000.00 for 2005. Then in our meeting she said that she made 10.39 per hour.

On the papers she sent she made 26,688.00 for the year 2005 and for the year 2004 she made 26,100.00. No way near 19,000.00. Plus she makes 11.39 per hour not 10..39.

She was within 500.00 of making the same money for the last two years. I also am within 100.00 of making the same annual amount for the last two years.

Plus she stated in the meeting that she paid 17.50 per week on health insurance when in reality she pays 12.03. Her company provided that information.

I redid the updated figures that she provided and I think she is going to be in for a real surprise. Instead of it raising my support amount I would actually have a 23% decrease. Which if I am not mistaken would allow the support to be lowered.

So here is what I am going to ask from her. If she will allow me to have back my Tuesdays overnights then I will just let the support amount remain the same as it has in the past. But I want it in writing.

What do you think? Is that a fair offer? I get my child two more nights per week but she gets more support than she is entitled too. Think if we go in front of a judge he will agree that it is more than fair?

fairisfair

I can't decide if it sounds "fair" or like baby for sale. Yes, it sounds reasonable to give you back your tuesdays, if you had them before, how is that 2 extra days a week though?

hoodlum

It is not baby for sale this is a teenager in which i will get to spend more time with,, When I asked for Tuesday overnights her response was you just want it so you can lower child support! How bout I just want Tuesdays to spend with my child and the he double hockey sticks about the support!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">