• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Urgen: Will written notarized agreement suffice in court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Need2KnowNow

Have 2 children. Father in NY we are in VA. DCSE has finally caught up w/him & date set for Dec 1st. Father would like for me to drop DCSE case & sign a written agreement outside of case in which he will pay. Thus far in good faith has sent money in last 2-wks.

Question: If I have signed notarized letter w/agreed upon amount will this agreement be honored in the court? Can I file the agreement w/the NY & VA courts?

Grace_Adler

A notarized statement won't hold up in court. You need a court order. DCSE can do that for you or you can get the paper work from the courthouse, file for child support yourself and keep them out of it or hire an attorney to do it for you.

Utlimately it's up to you.

What are you planning on making adjustments outside of DSCE. They found him, why does he want to make a deal now instead of when he was out running around. Why do you want to make a deal with him now??? I think by not answering your question we will help you more than by answering your question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">