• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Van Nuys DA Child Support Garnishing Higher Than Court Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kcc3939

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hello and thank you,

After my Attorney finished my case, the Judge wrote out his order and filed it and my Attorney gave it to me to give to Child Support Services DA division in Van Nuys which I did and the woman took it and said she would adjust my support order. The Judge lowered my payments in the order. CSS has put a judgment on my record and that's how I found out what was going on. I'm on unemployment and have been since the Court made the order. How can I take care of this now that I am 600, miles away and my unemployment wages are being garnished at the max. My old order was for over 600.00 which I paid until the new order for 300.00, and Child Support still thinks I owe 600/mo. Please Help. Thank you so much.

CourtClerk

When you called them to find out if they had processed the new order and if so, why is there a discrepancy, what did they say?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">