• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation of support (contempt)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nachobaybe

Who are you calling in NY ?

1-800-846-0773 automated info.

1-888-208-4485 rep. about your case .

NYS Department of Social Services Division of Child Support Enforcement 40 North Pearl Street, 13thFloorAlbany, New York 12243-0001
I have been calling the DCSE of the county the NCP lives in.
Thanks for the info.

BL

What If a Custodial Parent Is Seeking Support from a Parent Who Lives Outside of New York State, or in a County in New York State That Is Far from the Child's Home County?

If the custodial parent lives in one state and seeks support from the other parent who lives outside of that state, an inter-state case may be filed in the Family Court, under the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA). A UIFSA case may also be filed in Family Court when the parents reside in two different counties within New York State which are not located next to one another. A New York City petitioner may file the case in the Family Court in his or her home county, and the petition will be sent to the court in the respondent's state or county. The respondent is then served with the petition and appears in court in his or her home state or county. The petitioner is not required to appear in the other court where the respondent lives. A local city or county attorney will appear there to represent the petitioner at the support hearing.

If the child resides outside of New York State, or in a county far from New York City, and the respondent lives in New York City, the custodial parent may file a petition in his or her home state or home county. The respondent will be served and be required to appear in the Family Court in his home county, while a lawyer from the NY/ New York City Law Department represents the out-of-state or out-of-county petitioner.

The hearing is held in the same manner as a support case filed within NY/New York City, but documents and evidence are exchanged through the mail or by fax.

LdiJ

Is it possible that the case isn't getting priority because the amount involved is so small and perhaps she is collecting state aid for her other children?

It sounds to me like she has only be ordered to pay about 65.00 a month.

BL

Is it possible that the case isn't getting priority because the amount involved is so small and perhaps she is collecting state aid for her other children?

It sounds to me like she has only be ordered to pay about 65.00 a month.
Still if NY uses their collection methods the drivers licence at least should be suspended .

Perhaps they are just looking at any wages/tax returns to be garnished , and there's none.

Antigone*

Still if NY uses their collection methods the drivers licence at least should be suspended .

Perhaps they are just looking at any wages/tax returns to be garnished , and there's none.
I seem to remember reading somewhere about blood and turnips... just can't remember where:rolleyes::confused::p

nachobaybe

One more question. Does anyone know if I can file (add) more documents to to the violation of support original filings?

BL

One more question. Does anyone know if I can file (add) more documents to to the violation of support original filings?
How do you plan on attending the hearing ?

If in person you bring up the facts .

If by phone you bring up the facts .

The fact is CS obligations aren't being paid .

Her attorney will have to explain why .

I have never been given a case worker in NY. When I have called to follow up with my case I am told that they do not discuss the case with me and to contact CA child support. So I call CA child support to ask what is going on and they never have anything new to tell me. All I hear is "we sent it to NY for enforcement".
I heard the same thing for MONTHS between counties. County A told me it had been sent to County B, and County B told me I had to deal with County A.

In my case, the respondent hasn't paid support in over a year, and has had bank accounts seized, (non-existent) paychecks docked and driver's license revoked. Other than tossing the respondent in jail, their is nothing much else they can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">