• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vistation Transportation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kgendron

What is the name of your state? New York
My x-h and I have no leagal agreements for visitation to date. In the past I have been meeting my in-laws 1/2 way (there is an order of protection that prohibits my x-h and I to be within 500 ft.) Recently they have been dropping them late and being obnixous. Do I have to provided transportation for these vistis or can I request that they transport both ways? (they say I HAVE to transport at least 1 way)????? (the children reside with me)

CalifAtty-13

kgendron said:
My x-h and I have no leagal agreements for visitation to date. In the past I have been meeting my in-laws 1/2 way (there is an order of protection that prohibits my x-h and I to be within 500 ft.) Recently they have been dropping them late and being obnixous. Do I have to rpovided transportation for these vistis or can I request that they transposrt both ways? (they say I HAVE to transport at least 1 way)?????

My response:

Tell them to go screw themselves. They just lost their grandchild.

IAAL

LdiJ

kgendron said:
My x-h and I have no leagal agreements for visitation to date. In the past I have been meeting my in-laws 1/2 way (there is an order of protection that prohibits my x-h and I to be within 500 ft.) Recently they have been dropping them late and being obnixous. Do I have to provided transportation for these vistis or can I request that they transport both ways? (they say I HAVE to transport at least 1 way)????? (the children reside with me)
If there are no court orders regarding visitation you don't have to cooperate with any visitation at all....particularly if its the grandparents exercising the visitation rather than the father.

Therefore no, you don't have to provide any of the transportation at all.

There are different ways you could handle it.

You could very calmly and civilly point out to them that legally you don't have to cooperate with visitation at all, because their are no court orders, however you will continue to cooperate and meet half way as long as they are ON TIME and behave civilly.

Or, you could do the same but inform them that you are no longer willing to share the transportation.

Or, as the other poster suggested, you could tell them to take a hike.

That does mean however that its likely that the grandparents will either push dad into going to court for a formal and enforceable visitation order.....or that they will attempt a grandparent visitation lawsuit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">