• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

voluntarily unemployed or underemployed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hcaudell

Ohio.

Does ohio law take into account that my ex became voluntarily unemployed and underemployed when she eventually got a job when it comes to child support re-evaluation. Will the court take the higher potential wages that she did have and use it for the re-eval or her current lower wages.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ohio.

Does ohio law take into account that my ex became voluntarily unemployed and underemployed when she eventually got a job when it comes to child support re-evaluation. Will the court take the higher potential wages that she did have and use it for the re-eval or her current lower wages.
How long was she unemployed? How did she become unemployed? What was she doing before she became unemployed? What is she doing now? What is the difference in wages?

hcaudell

How long was she unemployed? How did she become unemployed? What was she doing before she became unemployed? What is she doing now? What is the difference in wages?
She was unemployed for 6 months. She quit her job by reason that her employer was running his business immorally. She was in customer service selling supplemental insurance. She is now in inside sales with tech support and warranty review of a major plumbing inc. Hourly wage wise she went down in pay probably about 40/week but the commision she earned from the other job is what i'm looking at . I know that the child support calcualates those earnings as well but now they are voluntarily on her part not available.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">