• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

W2 reporting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thomyorke

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

Guys,

Quick question. So child support has been calculated on the earnings of my ex and myself. My question is how can I ensure that she accurately reports this figure each year for the child support be adjusted. ?

Is it illegal for her not to report any increase/decrease in her yearly earnings for the purpose of child support ?

If you can point me to any documentation I would be most grateful.

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

Guys,

Quick question. So child support has been calculated on the earnings of my ex and myself. My question is how can I ensure that she accurately reports this figure each year for the child support be adjusted. ?

Is it illegal for her not to report any increase/decrease in her yearly earnings for the purpose of child support ?

If you can point me to any documentation I would be most grateful.
Unless your court order states that you are to each report your income every year, she doesn't have to report any changes.

Your court order may say how often CS can be recalculated. If it doesn't, your state law will. When you reach that time, you can ask for her earnings report for the previous year. Or, you could turn the whole thing over to CSE and let them handle it.

Proserpina

Just to clarify though - if the order is through FL CSE, while there's no statute/law saying so, their policy is that both parents must report any change in income.

FL allows a statutory review every 3 years.

Of course if there's a major change before that time, either parent can request a review.

(Whether or not that would get them anywhere though is anybody's guess).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">