• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wage Assignment Never Done!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alee192

What is the name of your state? Georgia

My divorce was in TN and for the first year I was receiving my child support as a check in the mail from CS in TN from my ex's paycheck. Then I moved to GA and was told I'd have to have the child support coming from the CS office in GA. My ex also changed jobs, but he's still in Tennessee. I applied for CS in GA last February 2005. They have his SSN, his current employer's phone number and address, my ex's current address, everything they asked for and still I'm being told it's "in process". It's been in process for over a year!!

My question is: is there any way to speed things up? I call them often realizing the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" but it still doesn't seem to be helping.

Also, if he moves or changes jobs, will that be another year or two of waiting on them to get the child support going through their office as a wage assignment?

I'm afraid my kid will be grown by the time they get it right.:mad:What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">