• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wage garnishments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nitestar

What is the name of your state? California
I have a court ordered wage garnishment for child support.
My problem is my ex husbands company sends the payment when ever its convienent for them, which is usually quite late. I would like to know how long a company has from his (my ex) payday to send me the child support check. Thank you

gatorguy3

You may be better served by calling the Department of Revenue in California and asking them. I know, from my situation, garnishment orders are very sporatic.

My ex's attorney asked for a deduction order and got it. For over a year, there were deductions made, leaving me with nothing to live on. A year later, they tried to find me in contempt for not paying support. I guess the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. But, alas, it is never their fault.

Whyte Noise

It should say on the IDO paperwork, and you should have a copy of that I believe.

Most IDO's state how long the employer has to send in the payment along with the penalties for not following the law. They usually quote the statutory reference for the penalties as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">