• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Waiting for Ruling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

uhfin04

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I am still waiting on a ruling concerning my child support case.

Is it ok to call the court clerk for a status on the case or is it best to just wait and check the mailbox every day?

Thanks

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CSO286

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I am still waiting on a ruling concerning my child support case.

Is it ok to call the court clerk for a status on the case or is it best to just wait and check the mailbox every day?

Thanks

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
When was the hearing?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Calling every day will not speed up the process,
but it will perhaps annoy the person answering the phone.

It is easy enough to find out "roughly" how long a wait for
decisions can be considered average for the particular court & judge in question.

If it's 2 months, for example, you really don't want to be go to the mailbox OR calling someone every day.

If the judge is writing an opinion it could take 3-4 months ...

Some motions require an opinion depending on the pleadings of the motion.

BL

Give it a couple more weeks .If you decision does not arrive in the mail ,call the court clerks ,or records room to see if the examiner still has it .

CSO286

Call the clerk and politely ask,

"I'm sorry to bother you, but how long do child support cases usually take? I'm asking, because mine has been 6 weeks, and I am just wondering what is normal. Thank you"
Best advice for OP.

Humusluvr gets a gold star for today.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">