• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Waive past due child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? MO
My husband and I have custody of my step-son. There is not a current child support order. My husband has a small amount of arreage in his child support to bio-mom from when she had custody. She has offered to waive the back support. I've heard that the owing parent can request the courts waive the past child support. Can anyone tell me where I can find a sample letter to send to the courts?

Thanks!

Ooops. I didn't word that right. I meant that the parent who is owed the past due can request the waiver. Bio-mom would be sending the letter not my husband. Just thought I'd clarify. Thanks!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If the arrears aren't owed to the state as reimbursement for state aid, then that shouldn't be a problem.

colson111

I just did this

What they had me do, was write a letter stating that all the arrearages have been taken care of outside of the garnishment. I signed it and sent it to my cs worker. I don't think there is a formal form for this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">