• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wanting to give up all rights and have child support cancelled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

proach4403

What is the name of your state? Florida
My husband is the NCP for his son. His son's mother has done everything she can to stop him from seeing his son. The last straw was when she coaxed my stepson into telling his teacher that we beat him. This brougt out DCF and the police department. My husband is scared now that she will continue to press this and file sexual charges. We have never been anything but loving to my stepson. We have 2 other children together and are scared what will happen to them if she continues this. Can my husband file to give up all parental rights and have child support terminated?

BelizeBreeze

proach4403 said:
My husband is the NCP for his son. His son's mother has done everything she can to stop him from seeing his son. The last straw was when she coaxed my stepson into telling his teacher that we beat him. This brougt out DCF and the police department. My husband is scared now that she will continue to press this and file sexual charges. We have never been anything but loving to my stepson. We have 2 other children together and are scared what will happen to them if she continues this. Can my husband file to give up all parental rights and have child support terminated?
Nope, but he can grow some Cajones and stop putting up with the crap.

AHA

proach4403 said:
Can my husband file to give up all parental rights and have child support terminated?
No.

Are you actually married to a man who would walk away from his own child just because his ex MADE the child tell a lie???????????????????????????????????????????
Wow, it takes a cold heart to give up a firstborn for no valid reason just in the OFF CHANCE the "half"siblings get affected!
Realise that his kid is your kid's family too.

GrowUp!

proach4403 said:
Here's what your husband should do:

1. File for primary custody and child support. What she is trying to do to your ex would be successful and the trailer park bi*ch should NOT get away with it. Now, whether he would get it or not is another story, but courts are NOT big fans with parents who make unsubstantiated claims such as this and I've even seen case law at state Supreme Court levels that support change of custody just because of accusations like this.

2. File a civil suit against the ex. Hit her in her wallet and maybe she'll shut the hell up. If not, then keep suing her.

whyUcryin

Are you actually married to a man who would walk away from his own child just because his ex MADE the child tell a lie???????????????????????????????????????????
Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly it. :rolleyes: CP had child lie once and now NCP wants his rights terminated! GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!! Just because someone didn't give every stinkin detail of their situation. He probabaly would've gotten yelled at by someone on here if he did. I swear, some people on this site, need to get a LIFE!!:p

BelizeBreeze

whyUcryin said:
Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly it. :rolleyes: CP had child lie once and now NCP wants his rights terminated! GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!! Just because someone didn't give every stinkin detail of their situation. He probabaly would've gotten yelled at by someone on here if he did. I swear, some people on this site, need to get a LIFE!!:p
Can you spell " G.O.O.D.B.Y.E." ????

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Dad can stop seeing his son, but he's not going to get out of paying support unless Mom has a spouse who is willing to adopt the boy.

AHA said:
Wow, it takes a cold heart to give up a firstborn for no valid reason just in the OFF CHANCE the "half"siblings get affected!
Realise that his kid is your kid's family too.
Shame on your husband :mad: You better hope if you divorce this doesn't happen to you!

Actually, SHAME on you both! My opinion :mad:

EDIT: This was meant for the OP Proach not you AHA

Last edited:

Just Blue

whyUcryin said:

It doesn't matter what else is going on...Dad is trying to fine a way to run away from his responsibilities...This is his CHILD!..The OP and her hubby are disgusting! And if you think this is exceptable than you are too!

baystategirl said:
It doesn't matter what else is going on...Dad is trying to fine a way to run away from his responsibilities...This is his CHILD!..The OP and her hubby are disgusting! And if you think this is exceptable than you are too!
I agree 100% with you on this! :mad: :mad:

AHA

whyUcryin said:
And since you think you know all the details to why a dad is dumping his kid like yesterday's news, FEEL FREE TO SHARE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree some people, YOU DEFINATELY, need to get a life! Or are you too busy dumping your kids for a demanding, lazy piece of @ss??????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">