• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant for my arrest.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sonny1966

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I had just got a court order to pay childsupport in oct. I have been looking for work believe me, but I'm limited in the work I can do because of my back.Jobs are hard to come buy here, I live in a small town. Well I could'nt believe when I got this letter in the mail stating I had a choice of calling the officer & turning myself in to the child support division tues. or frid. by 8 am. or get arrested & pay bail etc.,etc. Yeah,now I'm pissed,why,because I'm trying to get a job at the sheriffs dept. here in town. Now since this came up probably not. I'll have a record. Can't believe it it's only been 2 1/2 months, & I only have to pay $184.00 month. Which won't be hard to catch up once I get a job.So this is to kmodek complaing that they don't do anything until your $5,000 behind. Wrong, obviously it don't matter how much you owe. So I guess I'll be turning myself in Tues. morning at 8 am. Considering the weathers bad & I have a 3 1/2 hour drive. The only good thing about this is well at least I have a choice. I'm out.

topsidder

Here comes some hard reality:

They only go after the easy cases! They are not interested in the true dead beats! CMON, that would be WORK! And, it would effect the states: revenue stream, collection numbers and probably their mere existance.

Find a way to pay it. These people are worse than the IRS. They can put you in jail for truely being unable to pay. This is the only debt in America punishable by jail. Keep that in mind when paying your bills each month.

I have told others and I will tell you, you have a better chance of saving your car, residence, credit cards AND insurance if you are over 60 days late than you are of saving yourself from jail if you are so much as 30 days late with CS. Remember: NO ONE TAKES THE GOV's MONEY!

sonny1966

Well me & my girlfriend just moved here. We have a son together that just turned 2. She have 2 other girls that are 3 & 11. But to answer your question she works at the sheriffs dept. graveyard shift. The boy I pay child support for is 5 yrs. old & I only have seen him twice. Yeah she got hooked up with another man when she was pregnant that was living in the same apt. building with her. The guy just by chance worked at the same place I did. Which was WRDCC the correction facility up there,yes I was a prison guard. So I know by first hand account about all the people sent to prison for not paying child support. I heard you could'nt be charged with a felony for non support,someone told me the law had changed within the last year. Anyone know about this? Just curious, no I don't plan on going to prison or jail. would rather not.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Fast food joints are usually hiring. Might be worth looking into. And, uuhh, don't have more kids until you can support them, eh?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">