• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Washington State Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spiritedmis

What is the name of your state? West Virginia/Washington State
Ok my Boy friend lives in West Virginia. His 16 year old daughter lives in Washington state where her mother resides. SHe has run away from home, we are not sure how long its been since she lived 'at home' with her mom. Apparantly Washington State just increased the support payment my Boyfriend has to make to his Ex. He already does not make enough money to live on his own, he lives with other family members.
my questions...
1. How can Washington insist he pay child support to her when the child does not live with her?
2. how can they increase it given the above circumstances, and also knowing he has not increased his salary?
3.How can he find a pro bono attorney to get this 'fixed'?

~please note he will pay whatever support he needs to, knowing that it would go to the daughter. he is NOT trying to shirk his obligations. ITS JUST NOT FAIR.

thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">