• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

washington state law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heavenschild

Does anyone know about procedure in WA state? My ex lives there and filed a petition for child support modification. I live in Virginia, so I was served out of state. It states I have 60 days to respond if I live out of state, however his attorney set a court date only 16 days after I received his petition and summons**************(imagine that). what can I file to object to him not giving me the allowed amount if time?

CourtClerk

I wouldn't worry about the hearing as long as you mail your objection (if that's what you are doing) to the modification of support.

Hope this helps!
That is perfectly crappy advice. One should NEVER ignore a court hearing... EVER and the fact that you posted that is clear that you should not be posting or giving advice anywhere on this forum.

jbowman

Here is what the Terms & Conditions say:

"The FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues. The Editorial Staff and attorneys at FreeAdvice.com have NOT reviewed the postings on the Forum and FreeAdvice does NOT vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any posting, or the status, legitimacy or bona fides of any person (even one purporting to be an attorney or moderator) making a post. You understand and agree that information on FreeAdvice or a Forum, even posted by an attorney or moderator, should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for advice from an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, who you have retained to represent you."
And what exactly is your point? Is it that YOU feel that it is OK to provide WRONG information because there is a disclaimer? That is the most ridiculous thing ever. If you DONT KNOW, BE FREAKIN QUIET-- there are people on this board that DO KNOW!

Just Blue

And what exactly is your point? Is it that YOU feel that it is OK to provide WRONG information because there is a disclaimer? That is the most ridiculous thing ever. If you DONT KNOW, BE FREAKIN QUIET-- there are people on this board that DO KNOW!
On another post (reported) s/he claimed to be in the "legal profession". Yet can't seem to find the answer to her legal question with a partner at her firm...

Do you think that WVA believes working in housekeeping at a law firm qualifies as a legal profession???:confused::rolleyes:

CourtClerk

On another post (reported) s/he claimed to be in the "legal profession". Yet can't seem to find the answer to her legal question with a partner at her firm...

Do you think that WVA believes working in housekeeping at a law firm qualifies as a legal profession???:confused::rolleyes:
Maybe she's sleeping with an attorney.....

jbowman

I do not reply nor post things that I do not know about. ;)
Obviously you do. You advised someone in another thread to change the venue to another state. DUMB, incorrect answer. You advised this poster not to worry about a court hearing. DUMB, incorrect answer. This poster asked WHAT to file to object and you said
mail your objection
Another DUMB, incorrect answer.

CourtClerk

Here is what the Terms & Conditions say:

"The FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues. The Editorial Staff and attorneys at FreeAdvice.com have NOT reviewed the postings on the Forum and FreeAdvice does NOT vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any posting, or the status, legitimacy or bona fides of any person (even one purporting to be an attorney or moderator) making a post. You understand and agree that information on FreeAdvice or a Forum, even posted by an attorney or moderator, should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for advice from an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, who you have retained to represent you."
Here's what else it says:
You agree that you will NOT use the FreeAdvice Forum to post any knowingly false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, or threatening message and/or user name, or to post any advertisement, chain letter, solicitation or other commercial message, or to post material that is illegally invasive of another person's privacy.
See that word inaccurate? That's ALL of your posts... except the one where you are asking for advice yourself. If you're asking for help, you probably shouldn't be attempting help. No one needs more of the blind leading the blind.

CourtClerk

Why are you so defensive that somebody might know more than you do or has a different opinion than you do? Just because you are a pencil pusher at the clerk's desk means nothing to me as far as your so-called expertise in the law.
Nope, not a pencil pusher at the clerk's desk. I passed that stage about $20k/yr. ago...

Perky

You tell me. You're the expert :D
Quite the contrary; however, I do a little research before I post unless I know the answer already. You ought to try it sometime.

I'm still curious about your 'legal' profession too.

CourtClerk

My bad. Judicial Assistant. Wow! They give you $20k a year more to be a judge's pencil pusher? That's amazing! How do I sign up???
You have to first know how to spell and have a decent command of the English language. You don't qualify, sorry. Stay in that 'legal profession' and let the rest of us do the real work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">