• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

way behind...new DL?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eme76

What is the name of your state? ca/nv

ok...this might be a stupid question but thats nothing new around here....;)

my daughters father owes aprox $10,000 in back support...he recently moved to NV and has a NV DL now...my question is...how did he do this?? i thought if he was behind on CS payments he would not be issued a NV DL until CS was caught up (i was told this by NV DMV):confused:

seniorjudge

eme76 said:
What is the name of your state? ca/nv

ok...this might be a stupid question but thats nothing new around here....;)

my daughters father owes aprox $10,000 in back support...he recently moved to NV and has a NV DL now...my question is...how did he do this?? i thought if he was behind on CS payments he would not be issued a NV DL until CS was caught up (i was told this by NV DMV):confused:
http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/cac/recovery.htm

Go talk to the nearest federal prosecutor about this law.

Just Blue

frustrated99 said:
It would be hard for him to work without a license don't you think? Then how can he ever pay??

Since he is behind 10K...HE'S NOT PAYING NOW!....And you won't believe how fast these people come up with a big ole payment when there DL is taken away...or when they are cooling their as$es in a jail cell...;)

E

eme76

frustrated99 said:
It would be hard for him to work without a license don't you think? Then how can he ever pay??
it has never stopped him before....
he has mastered the skill of not paying....and he currently is "employed" by a family member who is not all that concerned (yet) about the legal system or weather or not he pays his CS

ceara19

frustrated99 said:
Lack of a vehicle is not an excuse to stop working. He has plenty of alternatives. Let's start with those two things that grew out of the bottom of his legs. If he is footless, some of his other options are:

Bike
skates
hitch hike
bus
roller blades
skateboard

GrowUp!

ceara19 said:
Lack of a vehicle is not an excuse to stop working. He has plenty of alternatives. Let's start with those two things that grew out of the bottom of his legs. If he is footless, some of his other options are:

Bike
skates
hitch hike
bus
roller blades
skateboard
Actually EVERYONE needs to start putting the car keys away more often and using those you listed more . And people wonder why gas is sooooo damn expensive. Keep that in mind the next time you juice up the car to get -- a gallon of milk.

garrula lingua

Most government child support agencies have a separate division for interstate enforcement of child support.

Have you notified your child support agency of the NCP's change of address/state ?

See if they should/can transfer their file to their interstate division. They will confer with Nevada child enforcement (who will open a file there) and his DL will be suspended in Nev.

Nonpayment of CS is reported to each state (eg County in CA is CSE & they report to state of CA those who are in arrears 30days or more & DL notice is sent to NCP); unfortunately, it's not federal, yet.

He must have lied to Nev Motor Vehicles and said he did not have a previous DL in CA.

BTW to the poster who said suspending the DL makes it even less likely they can work & pay CS: that law was only meant to get their attetion (bring them out of the woodwork).

As soon as they contact CSE, they will be offered a stipulation to sign, agreeing to pay a certain amt each month towards the arrears, as well as current support.
Their DL will be released as soon as they sign the stip.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">