• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Welfare and Child Support Payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jacknjill

What is the name of your state?California

I'm asking for my sister.

She collects child support from 2 fathers. She wants to go on welfare, cause she lost her job and has 3 kids. I know..I've heard it all already...

Is there such a thing as too much child support to receive benefits?? I know about earned income and such, but is the amount you collect for CS included as income??? Can you collect too much CS to qualify for AFDC, CALWORKS, etc.

thanks.

Yes, child support normally counts as income. That's why child support enforcement agencies exist...to get CP's child support so they won't depend on the state.

jacknjill

stepmom&mom said:
Yes, child support normally counts as income. That's why child support enforcement agencies exist...to get CP's child support so they won't depend on the state.
That what I assumed, but couldn't find any exact info...My sister is something else....she thinks she'll screw the fathers for $$ and live off the system.....wait until Karma catches up with her...it's a matter of time.

thanks for the input...really appreciate it.

VeronicaGia

If she has court ordered support coming in, in order to collect welfare, she will have to sign her rights to support over to the state. She will get a "pass thru" amount of $50.00 a month. The fathers will then pay the state instead of her.

She needs to get off her duff and get a job.

jacknjill

VeronicaGia said:
She needs to get off her duff and get a job.
I totally agree and I am glad that the system had been reformed...She will get a rude awakening.....I understand that recipients just can't receive benefits and sit on their bum...they have to follow strict guidelines and follow the programs....she's lazy as sh!t, so it's a matter of time, before she wakes up to reality.

Doesn't the balance of the child support (after the $50 pass thru) go toward paying back the benefits she's receiving??? If this is correct, it sound's like it would be to her best interest to stay off of welfare...., wouldn't it?

I know that's harsh to say, since she is my sister, but I've seen her in action, and I hope the fathers get custody...eventually.

The sad thing is, tt's the guys she's screwing over -- twice (unless she's including diseases LOL). Another factor how this system is screwed up. Good thing she can't get welfare. I pay enough to taxes to lazy, white trash whores like that who think popping out kids is a replacement for having a real job.

Maybe you need to tell her to go on the pill or buy her condoms to give to the guys lol.

Ambr

AnswerMeNOW said:
The sad thing is, tt's the guys she's screwing over -- twice (unless she's including diseases LOL). Another factor how this system is screwed up. Good thing she can't get welfare. I pay enough to taxes to lazy, white trash whores like that who think popping out kids is a replacement for having a real job.

Maybe you need to tell her to go on the pill or buy her condoms to give to the guys lol.
And this has what to do with the questions she asked?????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">