• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

welfare fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jackdoe

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa
My Ex Girlfriend has been a nightmare. We broke up in 2001 it wasn't the best break up but amicable concerning our daughter. We had made arrangements for me to see her and it was going well. Then things happened between my ex and her parents in 2003. My ex moved in with her parents then moved out leaving my daughter with them. They contacted me and tried to by me off by giving me a check for 20,000.00 to sign over my rights and I tore it up threw in their faces. So they applied for guardianship claiming they didn't know where I lived they posted the court date in their home town even though I lived(and they knew this) in another city. I missed the court date and the guardianship was approved. My daughter has lived with them full time while my ex lived where ever doing whatever. The issue is my ex has been claiming her for fip benefits since 2003 and initiating child support. I have always paid a large amount because my ex states she is disabled and can't work. I have not recieved a tax refund since 2001 due to child support arrears. I can barely make it each month I basically work to pay my child support. My ex is collecting fip even though my daughter doesn't live with her. I was able to finally see the guardianship report and sure enough it states that my daughter lives with her grandparents full time unless in school. I notified Dhs they could care less. I asked to send in the report and they said no. When I asked how they would proceed with this they said they will call her and ask her if my daughter lives with her. My daughter is going to be 10 years old this year and I want her to be in my life without upsetting her life as much as possible. I don't even think I could afford to feed if her she came to visit. I am sick of paying for my ex's crack and tattoos while she doesn't care to see my daughter I do. I need help I have the evidence to change the support order to my daughters grandparents and base it on their income and maybe one day if my daughter forgives me she can come and live with me or at least visit. What can I do? Any help?:confused:

jackdoe

Do you know lawyers who work for free? I haven't been able to find any! I contacted legal services in my state. My ex had used their services prior I was told it would be a conflict of interest due to they represented her in the past:mad: I talked to a lawyer in my area and others. One lawyer who I like a lot told me to contact him when I have a retainer and he would be glad to help me. I used the legal advice for 25.00 and they tell you where to go. I work to pay my child support and health insurance. I haven't had a tax return in several years. I checked into getting a loan my credit is shot I couldn't get a loan to save my life. I signed up for father's rights to try to get advice to do it on my own. I was advised not to do that. I have tried very hard Short of walking around collecting cans for extra money I don't have it!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">