• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this welfare fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

Quote: I've already talked to NC, to their program integrity line, told them the same thing here, and THEY say it's fishy. I'm just gathering information. I think you managed to not be able to read through the fluff, but thank you for responding so quickly!

Also, when there is a disabled minor child in the home, that is grounds. Sorry. We had it done before. Lawyer on that end will be retained in the new year to motion for a reduction. Since his daughters are no longer minors and all. Sorry that you missed all that pertinent information. But thanks, I've reached out to multiple sources who don't agree with you.

This bolded is utter bull. The state's fraud hotlines where you would report welfare fraud will never agree with you that it sounds fishy and they're gonna throw the book at her, or ask you to gather information for them, regardless of what you may have thought you heard, and will never give you follow up information, and they've either examined this case or not, but either way, you will NOT hear whether or not the ex is actually discovered to have committed welfare fraud. EVER.

And they darn sure aren't going to give any public assistance monies she received based on fraud back to your soon to be ex husband. He gave her money, and he didn't overpay his child support because he was too darn dumb to report the money and repay it through the legitimate channels to get it credited as actual child support. Can we say you may be a little bit bitter? How in the heck could ex wife since 2011 get money out of his bank account without his consent without it going through the courts? Hogwash. What kind of case could you possibly have, based on old bank records? You're typing and smoking something and telling yourself little stories, trying to save your marriage by blaming someone else for the whole situation. Good luck paying an attorney to get your great revenge when you are too poor to pay attention, according to you.
Re the bolded, she maybe could have gotten away with it once if it was a joint account or she had a debit card on the account. If it happened more than once then that is on dad. All he would have had to do was switch his direct deposit to an account in his own name to stop that.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Re the bolded, she maybe could have gotten away with it once if it was a joint account or she had a debit card on the account. If it happened more than once then that is on dad. All he would have had to do was switch his direct deposit to an account in his own name to stop that.
Look at the timeline here.

They've only been divorced since 2011.

The children are all adults.

The tale of extreme woe.

Someone, somewhere isn't telling someone the truth about what really happened. And it ain't all Mama's fault.

I will say, however, that Dad's taste in women seems to be consistent if nothing else.

Dandy Don

So sorry that you have to deal with such a greedy witch! She had no right to take all of this man's income!!

No fraud has been committed here (according to the legal definition) and proving it would be extremely difficult and she is going to allege that she was entitled to it as a spouse and will say she used it to support living expenses for her and for the children.

Ask your husband to get a new bank account that this soon to be ex wife will have no access to.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
So sorry that you have to deal with such a greedy witch! She had no right to take all of this man's income!!

Oh, it's not Mom who is the greedy witch here. Not at all.

:cool:

(unless I'm just too caffeine deprived to detect sarcasm this morning)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Oh, it's not Mom who is the greedy witch here. Not at all.

:cool:

(unless I'm just too caffeine deprived to detect sarcasm this morning)
Agreed. And it is now evening and still not detecting sarcasm. Not enough wine, maybe?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">