• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

were can I...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lupe06

What is the name of your state?California
I have a question. Do any of you guys know were/how I can get emancipation in norther california? Please, I have tried to find info every were but there is no results.

ENASNI

umm

Lupe06 said:
I have a question. Do any of you guys know were/how I can get emancipation in norther california? Please, I have tried to find info every were but there is no results.
Its not legal to get emancipated in Northern California unless you can pass a spelling test.

Silverplum

You can't be emancipated until you pass the "Norther" California State Spelling And Grammar Test. This test is to ensure your ability to support yourself and not be a burden upon the taxpayers of CA. Call the local DA to find out dates, times, and locations for testing.

You also cannot be "in love" and "emancipated" at the same time. Don't you know that, girl? ;)

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=881582#post881582
Today, 10:32 AM
Lupe06
Junior Member Join Date: Mar 2005

Hey the same thing is happening to me. My parents don't let me go out w/ my boyfriend, because he is too old for me(I'm 16). They say that I have a life to live and I can find somebody my age, but I'm really in love w/ him. I'm not just going to leave him just because they don't like him. They had already lived their lives so why can't they just let me live mine? I'm trying to get emancipation too, so I hope it work for me.

(*edited to add* -- ENASI, you beat me right to it. :)

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You have to be fully self-supporting (and that doesn't mean planning to live with a roommate, boyfriend or his parents), and have your parents consent. No judge is going to emancipate you just so you can date an older guy.

rmet4nzkx

Lupe06 said:
Stay in school,
Stay in your own bed, alone!
This is not grounds for emancipation.
Lupe06 said:
Hey the same thing is happening to me. My parents don't let me go out w/ my boyfriend, because he is too old for me(I'm 16). They say that I have a life to live and I can find somebody my age, but I'm really in love w/ him. I'm not just going to leave him just because they don't like him. They had already lived their lives so why can't they just let me live mine? I'm trying to get emancipation too, so I hope it work for me.
Do you want your bf to go to jail? Or see your name posted all over the freeway and on the TV with an Amber alert?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">