• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Can I do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

edrcat

What is the name of your state IN

I am currently paying child support on 2 boys my oldest is in college and age

20 his college is paid for and her has a full time job when schedule doesnt interfer and also coaches middle school wrestling and recieves income . He has a large amount of discressionary income . in the Thousands

My Question Can his income be counted so that I may Reduce my child support

Proserpina

What is the name of your state IN

I am currently paying child support on 2 boys my oldest is in college and age

20 his college is paid for and her has a full time job when schedule doesnt interfer and also coaches middle school wrestling and recieves income . He has a large amount of discressionary income . in the Thousands

My Question Can his income be counted so that I may Reduce my child support

Not as a rule - child support is to reimburse the CP, not to actually go to the child. His own income is just that - his own income.

However, it might be helpful to know word for word (minus names) what your court orders actually say.

edrcat

What can I Do

My original decree said support untill age 18 and a portion of college
He has been very blessed in getting scholarships for the college and When I Discussed this with my Attoryney , I was told that the law in IN has changed and no matter what I do they will now make me continue support to age 21

Proserpina

He has been very blessed in getting scholarships for the college and When I Discussed this with my Attoryney , I was told that the law in IN has changed and no matter what I do they will now make me continue support to age 21

Well, I can pretty much guarantee that's not what your order said word for word.

Either way, his income will not be counted. If you're ordered to pay until 21, then that's how long you'll pay.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
That's what you post when asked to tell us, word-for-word, what the order says?

Doesn't matter - you have an attorney. We can't second guess your attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">