• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What constitutes as support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

armstrongsokc

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

I am unsure and civilian law. If a court orders X dollars in support for the child from me. This is for “support” not just cash correct? If I am visiting my son, buy him clothing, hair cuts, other support items is that amount deducted from my monthly support payment?

For example, if I spend $80 in one month buying support items, clothing, shoes or school supplies. Is that $80 deducted from my child support payments for that month? Recepit required I am sure.

Thank you in advance

armstrongsokc said:
What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

I am unsure and civilian law. If a court orders X dollars in support for the child from me. This is for “support” not just cash correct? If I am visiting my son, buy him clothing, hair cuts, other support items is that amount deducted from my monthly support payment?

For example, if I spend $80 in one month buying support items, clothing, shoes or school supplies. Is that $80 deducted from my child support payments for that month? Recepit required I am sure.

Thank you in advance
The court ordered amount you pay for child support is what you pay for support. Anything extra is just that extra. Anything else is just being a parent.

haiku

ummm.....no....your court ordered support is your contribution to the upbringing of your child in the custodians house.

Anything you do outside of that, is your gift to the child, you are under no obligation to do so, and it in no way means you get to deduct your court ordered support. if you do that you will be considered in contempt, and will have to pay it back.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
LdiJ said:
And in case you didn't understand the others clearly.

Its cash.
The amount in the order. Not that amount minus whatever you spent when you had the kid. Also, unless your order specifically says you don't, you still pay the full support when you have the child for the summer or other extended visitation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">