• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jennygirl

What is the name of your state?new york
My ex-husband stopped paying me child support. We had an agreement in our divorce decree that he pay me directly. Now that he has stopped, I went to child support to try to rectify the problem. When he recieved the papers in the mail, he became very angry. He threatened he would take my kids away if I went threw with it and also that I would be in for the battle of a lifetime. I did not go to the court date because he scared me and said he would give me money. He has only given me $100. I am broke and need the money desperately for my children's welfare. I am scared; What should I do?

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

jennygirl said:
What is the name of your state?new york
My ex-husband stopped paying me child support. We had an agreement in our divorce decree that he pay me directly. Now that he has stopped, I went to child support to try to rectify the problem. When he recieved the papers in the mail, he became very angry. He threatened he would take my kids away if I went threw with it and also that I would be in for the battle of a lifetime. I did not go to the court date because he scared me and said he would give me money. He has only given me $100. I am broke and need the money desperately for my children's welfare. I am scared; What should I do?
grow some cajones and stop listening to the jerk. And SHOW UP next time. Now, get off the internet and call CPS again and reopen the case.

jennygirl

you are right!

You are right. I am being a complete whimp. I am going to do that tomorrow and I just called a lawyer.

snostar

You also need to contact the court where you were suppose to appear, the case may have been dismissed, since you are the one who filed and failed to show up. Did you file through the CSEB? CSEB also has Adult Proctive Services you may want to look into.

jennygirl

what to do

I filed at child support services. I am going to go down there tomorrow and find out. I also just called a lawyer also to see what I should do. I am tired of being Miss nice girl. Thanks for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">