• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do if C.S. money is being misused?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ChateauDreamer

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Hello,

I would greatly appreciate any advice in the following situation:

My fiance' pays five-hundred per month to the mother of his son. She has just recently
moved herself (and son) into her boyfriend's residence.

She has a history of a not keeping her home or her child clean - and has had him temporarily taken from her until she could clean up her house; which she did. This was a year and a half ago. According to my fiance' (Jason) the house is again filthy and if it were to be reported again - there is a chance his son may end up in state custody for neglect.

This past Sunday, Jason went to see his son (Shane). Shane was wearing
clothes and shoes with holes in them, more than the usual wear and tear a kid should
put on them. In Jason's words he looked "ratty".

Jason took him to the store and bought him new clothes, school supplies, shoes, stuff
like a new toothbrush as his old one was falling apart. Everything the boy has is falling
apart.

The mother is not providing and taking care of Shane - but is receiving enough money
in child support a month to properly do so.

MY QUESTION IS: Is there any type of regulation as to how child-support money should be used? Shouldn't it be used to take care of the child?! What are Jason's options regarding this? Not a complaint; but fact that he cannot afford an attourney or court costs to MAKE
her do something she should be doing the right way already. ARE THERE LAWS HE CAN TURN TO WITH THIS?

Jason has joint legal custody, but she has sole physical custody as that was the agreement at the time of divorce.

If the ex-wife were to be found indeed neglectful, would Shane have to go into a foster
until all court and all that stuff goes on - or could he just come live with us? Would there
have to be a modification to the original order for that to happen? What can we expect if
she were to be reported to DFS again? We don't want to jump the gun, making it a financial suicide for us just to get things settled again.

ANY ADVICE or KNOWLEDGE on this PLEASE...What is the name of your state? Missouri

Shay-Pari'e

You can't dictate how the CS is used. Why hasn't Jason reported the neglect and sought full custody if he is so concerned?

Silverplum

ChateauDreamer said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri
My fiance' pays five-hundred per month to the mother of his son. She has just recently
moved herself (and son) into her boyfriend's residence.

She has a history of a not keeping her home or her child clean - and has had him temporarily taken from her until she could clean up her house; which she did. This was a year and a half ago. According to my fiance' (Jason) the house is again filthy and if it were to be reported again - there is a chance his son may end up in state custody for neglect.

This past Sunday, Jason went to see his son (Shane). Shane was wearing
clothes and shoes with holes in them, more than the usual wear and tear a kid should
put on them. In Jason's words he looked "ratty".

Jason took him to the store and bought him new clothes, school supplies, shoes, stuff
like a new toothbrush as his old one was falling apart. Everything the boy has is falling
apart.

The mother is not providing and taking care of Shane - but is receiving enough money
in child support a month to properly do so.

MY QUESTION IS: Is there any type of regulation as to how child-support money should be used? Shouldn't it be used to take care of the child?! What are Jason's options regarding this? Not a complaint; but fact that he cannot afford an attourney or court costs to MAKE
her do something she should be doing the right way already. ARE THERE LAWS HE CAN TURN TO WITH THIS?

Jason has joint legal custody, but she has sole physical custody as that was the agreement at the time of divorce.

If the ex-wife were to be found indeed neglectful, would Shane have to go into a foster
until all court and all that stuff goes on - or could he just come live with us? Would there
have to be a modification to the original order for that to happen? What can we expect if
she were to be reported to DFS again? We don't want to jump the gun, making it a financial suicide for us just to get things settled again.

ANY ADVICE or KNOWLEDGE on this PLEASE...What is the name of your state? Missouri
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5606/answer3ok.jpg

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">