• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what do you do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mandysmomma

What is the name of your state? pa/ga

I have an interstate case, and the state where the case originates is not sending tax refund info to the state I live in. They get my refunds for arrears, no issue with that as I am paying extra on them as well, but GA has not been reporting to PA the amounts that they have recieved and this amounts to over $1000. What do I need to do to get this so PA has accurate info for arrears amount. I have called GA to no avail. Would the IRS send the info to PA as well?
Thanks.

fairisfair

oh, so it isn't anything about bringing your child support payments current, just making sure that you get credit for the annual interception of your tax refund, a whopping $1000 bucks? some one else might want to help, think I will pass.:cool:

mandysmomma

So ya done bashing? You don't know me or the why there are arrears, let alone anything about the case. I am making double payments to begin with and all I want is to be creditted with what I am paying....there is something wrong with that?
Bitter much?

LdiJ

mandysmomma said:
So ya done bashing? You don't know me or the why there are arrears, let alone anything about the case. I am making double payments to begin with and all I want is to be creditted with what I am paying....there is something wrong with that?
Bitter much?
There is nothing wrong with you wanting to be credited with the payments that you are making. However, you are going to have to be very persistant in making sure that it happens.

Ask Georgia for a print out of your payment history. That would be one way to get the ball rolling.

Gracie3787

mandysmomma said:
What is the name of your state? pa/ga

I have an interstate case, and the state where the case originates is not sending tax refund info to the state I live in. They get my refunds for arrears, no issue with that as I am paying extra on them as well, but GA has not been reporting to PA the amounts that they have recieved and this amounts to over $1000. What do I need to do to get this so PA has accurate info for arrears amount. I have called GA to no avail. Would the IRS send the info to PA as well?
Thanks.
Ga. is notarious for intercepting tax refunds and refusing to notify the NCP's state. The only way to get credit for the intercepts is to send your state's CSE office a copy of the Ga. intercept notice with a letter asking that your account be credited. It will take a month or two, but keep checking with your state to make sure that you recieve credit. Also, Ga. isn't real good about keepng accurate records where payments/arrears are concerned, so it would be a good time to make sure that the 2 states' numbers all match.

Gracie3787

fairisfair said:
oh, so it isn't anything about bringing your child support payments current, just making sure that you get credit for the annual interception of your tax refund, a whopping $1000 bucks? some one else might want to help, think I will pass.:cool:
You really need to change your screen name- there iosn't anything fair about your responses, as this OP said, you are obviously very bitter.

NCP's incur arrears for many reasons, none of which this OP gave any indication of- so do everyone a favor and stop ASSuming that everyone who owes arrears are scum.

How would YOU feel if you got behind on your mortgage payments, then made every effort to get caught up and then the mortgage co. says that you don't get credit for the payments simply because they were late? You'd be mad as heck, and rightfully so. You deserve to recieve credit for what you pay ans so does a NCP, even if they do owe arrears.

As for your comment that you'll pass on helping this OP, again, do everyone a favor- if you only want to bash an OP instead of actually offering help, please pass on all questions.

mandysmomma

Gracie3787 said:
Ga. is notarious for intercepting tax refunds and refusing to notify the NCP's state. The only way to get credit for the intercepts is to send your state's CSE office a copy of the Ga. intercept notice with a letter asking that your account be credited. It will take a month or two, but keep checking with your state to make sure that you recieve credit. Also, Ga. isn't real good about keepng accurate records where payments/arrears are concerned, so it would be a good time to make sure that the 2 states' numbers all match.
I am about done with GA and the Child support issues itself as she is almost 18, now trying to fix the arrears mess, which would be easier if they would just inform PA of tax intercepts. I appreciate the advice and will ask GA for a print out as well as send PA copies of my intercept papers, and with a prayer it might be taken care of.
Thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">