• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What does this mean?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I am looking at putting a MOTION FOR ENFORCMENT OF CHILD SUPPORT ORDER AND ORDER TO APPEAR against my ex husband. I am looking at some forms and I know I have to put each violation as well. I see some have put the following in there orders " Movant request the court to order income withheld for current support or order a bond or security" What does that mean exactly?

mmmagique

You want the court to order that the support be automatically taken out of his paycheck, or for him to post a bond that he will lose if he doesn't pay again.

It's basically saying, "Look, he can't be trusted to do what he's ordered to do, so make it so he has to."

garrula lingua

Angela,
Go to the Office of the Attorney General and fill out an application for services.
Even if you decide to go forward on your own, they should file an Intervention in your Contempt filing once they have you as a 'customer' google 'office of the attorney general texas' for their website).

They are slower than if you file on your own, but they are thorough and accurate and can intercept his income and assets.

my child support goes thru the AG and has for over 8 years. Every time I ask the AG about it they tell me he has to go a full 90 days with no payment before they can take legal action and right before his 90 days is up he makes a small payment say $50.00 and the cycle starts all over again. The only reason I have seeked out an attorney on this is because the AG has done nothing. I have never recieved his taxes and as of todays date he owes 12,000. Over the years I have just let it go, I can not afford to do that anymore.

this is what he has:

it was necessary to secure the services of xxxxxxx, a licensed attorney to enforce and protect the rights angela and the children of this suit. Respondent should be ordered to pay reasonable attorney fees, expenses and costs and a judgment should be rendered in favor of movant and against respondent and be ordered paid directly to movant or added to the child support arrears. Movant request post judgment interes as allowed by law.

Our court date is June 12 and there are over 30 violations. The evidence we filed was the a record of child support payments maintained by the state disbursment unit.

What does community supervision mean? " movant request respondent be placed on community supervision for 10 years on realease from jail or suspension of commitment"

What is the possile out come of this?

TinkerBelleLuvr

Means that they might go for a "suspended" sentence that turns into going to the pokey if they fail to comply with the judge's orders.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">