• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to expect in court review hearing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Esmomx3

What is the name of your state? TEnnessee
I was hoping someone could tell me what I should expect at my child support modification/review hearing. Also, what kind of factors are involved in setting child support after review? Is it strictly a % of their income that it is based on or is it other factors too? Such as, insurance, child care, extras (sports, etc.). Thanks for any information you can share.

Last edited:

GrowUp!

Esmomx3 said:
What is the name of your state? TEnnessee
I was hoping someone could tell me what I should expect at my child support modification/review hearing. Also, what kind of factors are involved in setting child support after review? Is it strictly a % of their income that it is based on or is it other factors too? Such as, insurance, child care, extras (sports, etc.). Thanks for any information you can share.
Health insurance and child care are factors. Extras are not.

Esmomx3

As stated in the Income Shares Calculator for the state of Tennessee:

Possible deviations (expressed as a monthly amount) include extraordinary educational expenses, special expenses (including, but not limited to, summer camp, music or art lessons, travel, school-sponsored extra-curricular activities, such as band, clubs, and athletics, and other activities intended to enhance the athletic, social or cultural development of a child), time-related travel expenses, extreme economic hardship, rebuttal of statutory threshold, and deviations for low-income persons.

(will they consider these things, or are they just possibilities to consider?)

Last edited:

GrowUp!

Esmomx3 said:
As stated in the Income Shares Calculator for the state of Tennessee:

Possible deviations (expressed as a monthly amount) include extraordinary educational expenses, special expenses (including, but not limited to, summer camp, music or art lessons, travel, school-sponsored extra-curricular activities, such as band, clubs, and athletics, and other activities intended to enhance the athletic, social or cultural development of a child), time-related travel expenses, extreme economic hardship, rebuttal of statutory threshold, and deviations for low-income persons.

(will they consider these things, or are they just possibilities to consider?)
If your support modification is through the CSEA, no, they do not factor those because CSEA is bound by Administrative Law, which is why I stated what I did. Any deviations as you quote must be appealed to the Court.

Esmomx3

GrowUp! said:
If your support modification is through the CSEA, no, they do not factor those because CSEA is bound by Administrative Law, which is why I stated what I did. Any deviations as you quote must be appealed to the Court.
My case will have to go before the court, due to me not working the judge will have to assign me an income. The local office cannot do that administratively either. (wish they could so we could get this over with) So I guess it is up to the judge to consider those things or not, along with my imputed income?

Also was wondering about the issue of non-CP paying low child support amount and being considerably increased at court hearing. I read in the ISCalculator instructions for calculating CS that if support is considerably increased from previous amount, he will be given leniency. What leniency would that be? I am not getting any leniency for having 3 kids under the age of 7 and not working, should he?

Thanks for your help thus far, I appreciate it.

Last edited:

haiku

Esmomx3 said:
My case will have to go before the court, due to me not working the judge will have to assign me an income. The local office cannot do that administratively either. (wish they could so we could get this over with) So I guess it is up to the judge to consider those things or not, along with my imputed income?

Also was wondering about the issue of non-CP paying low child support amount and being considerably increased at court hearing. I read in the ISCalculator instructions for calculating CS that if support is considerably increased from previous amount, he will be given leniency. What leniency would that be? I am not getting any leniency for having 3 kids under the age of 7 and not working, should he?

sure you can get 'leniency". give the kids to him!

(a custodial parent DOES get financial credit for housing the children before the support calculations begin....)

Last edited:

Silverplum

Esmomx3 said:

Well, you have kids and you are not working to support them. He has those same kids and you expect him to work and support them. *I* see the disconnected, burnt, and frazzled wires in your thinking processes -- do you?

Esmomx3

Great advice haiku, :rolleyes: am learning really fast that is what this forum is about, not legal advice but slamming those who may not respond to something the way all of you "attorneys" would. You all may give some good advice sometimes, but you spend most of your time slamming and name calling like a bunch of little kids. Got too many of my own to have to deal with you all.

haiku

Esmomx3 said:
Great advice haiku, :rolleyes: am learning really fast that is what this forum is about, not legal advice but slamming those who may not respond to something the way all of you "attorneys" would. You all may give some good advice sometimes, but you spend most of your time slamming and name calling like a bunch of little kids. Got too many of my own to have to deal with you all.
umm sweetie.....I GAVE you GREAT advice, advice you want to hear, you DO get credit for having 3 kids even though yo udon't financially support them.

its up to YOU to read the Tennesee guidelines not me, and the quick perusal I did do, told me, that yes you do get leniency, so quit whining about the responsibility of parenthood....K?

Esmomx3

Silverplum said:
Well, you have kids and you are not working to support them. He has those same kids and you expect him to work and support them. *I* see the disconnected, burnt, and frazzled wires in your thinking processes -- do you?
blah blah blah blah......you never quit do you! Actually this is quite humerous for me to see just how childish "attorneys" can be.

fairisfair

Esmomx3 said:
If you intend to remain on the site, asking advice and receiving answers, it might be time to can the attitude and unwrap the gratitude.:cool:

Esmomx3

haiku said:
umm sweetie.....I GAVE you GREAT advice, advice you want to hear, you DO get credit for having 3 kids even though yo udon't financially support them.

its up to YOU to read the Tennesee guidelines not me, and the quick perusal I did do, told me, that yes you do get leniency, so quit whining about the responsibility of parenthood....K?
Don't see anything related to whining about the reponsibility of parenthood in my question. Maybe whining about his leniency a little, but not parenthood.

Just because I don't have a job doesn't mean I don't financially support my kids.

Esmomx3 said:
Just because I don't have a job doesn't mean I don't financially support my kids.
Ok, your situation interests me. I am also from Tennessee, and my ex does not work, either. I am hoping to have an income imputed to her as well. I have done a TON of research on this, and have possibly some valuable information to share with you, and would love to discuss this with you further outside of the forum, if you will accept PM's or trade email addresses. PM me if you are interested.

AHA

Esmomx3 said:
Please explain how the hell that is possible??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, because I sure as hell don't want to support the kids you decided to create without being able to afford them.

Last edited:

ceara19

NCP Dad in TN said:
Ok, your situation interests me. I am also from Tennessee, and my ex does not work, either. I am hoping to have an income imputed to her as well. I have done a TON of research on this, and have possibly some valuable information to share with you, and would love to discuss this with you further outside of the forum, if you will accept PM's or trade email addresses. PM me if you are interested.
Hon, you have done a lot of research for your case and you have always let the children's best interests determine your actions, even if it conflicts with what is best for YOU. Please don't waste your time, effort and information on this person. Read through her history. She is only interested in how to maximize her monetary return and minimize dad's rights to HIS children! ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">