• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What form can I used to modify an temporary orders?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cortega48

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Hello, I need help modify myself an temporary order for child support
I unemployed and I can not afford to pay a lawyer.
I have a temporary order that I disagree I have to pay for child support for my two daughters base on minimum wages $ 255 a moths plus $ 212 for Health insurance? doesn't the other parent pay half on the health insurance? and also y not the health insurance for children reduce on the net income using AG's Tax charts?
and what forms I have to fill to change this on Collin county Texas

justalayman

the child support is based on an imputed income of minimum wage. The state figures any able bodied person should be able to get a job making at least minimum wage and due to that, uses that as a minimum income.

Do you think you are paying 100% of the insurance with the $212? I suspect you are incorrect on your assumptions if you are.

The insurance isn't any cheaper because you are not working so there is no adjustment due to the lack of income.

and since these are temporary orders, while they are subject to modification, there should be a permanent order not too long down the road which would supersede this temp order. Due to that, temp orders are not generally altered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">