• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What forms do I fill out?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maryjo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hey, I posted this at the end of my old thread but no one has looked at it or answered and I could really use some help. So I am posting it here again with the hope that someone can help me.

THANKS!!!

Can someone help me with this? I am lost.

When I was at court the judge asked if I had responded to the form I got my from ex's lawyer. Basically if I had responded to the demands he was making. I didnt know I had to do that and I told him no, I hadnt done it.

So he first told me to make a copy of the papers I was sent and then write out beside each thing my rebuttal to it and submitting it to the clerk's office. Then he said something about getting online and doing it. Afterwards someone (I think it was my ex's lawyer) spoke to one of the ladies outside (not sure if she was a secretary or something more official) and told them what I needed and they gave me a copy of a paper talking about Family Forms.

I followed the link and this is where it got me:

Court Programs

Can someone please look at this and tell me which of these I am supposed to fill out? And also, is this what the judge was talking about?

I dont see anything that looks like it pertains to me. My ex is asking for the child support to be lowered, for me to be ordered to meet him half way to where HE moved to, and for me to pay his lawyer and court fees. He filed for the modification. So, does anyone have any idea which of these forms I need to fill out??

I would REEEEAAAAALLLLLLYYYYYY appreciate any help you all could give me.

THANK YOU!!!!

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
So, why can't you do this:

So he first told me to make a copy of the papers I was sent and then write out beside each thing my rebuttal to it and submitting it to the clerk's office.

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hey, I posted this at the end of my old thread but no one has looked at it or answered and I could really use some help. So I am posting it here again with the hope that someone can help me.

THANKS!!!

Can someone help me with this? I am lost.

When I was at court the judge asked if I had responded to the form I got my from ex's lawyer. Basically if I had responded to the demands he was making. I didnt know I had to do that and I told him no, I hadnt done it.

So he first told me to make a copy of the papers I was sent and then write out beside each thing my rebuttal to it and submitting it to the clerk's office. Then he said something about getting online and doing it. Afterwards someone (I think it was my ex's lawyer) spoke to one of the ladies outside (not sure if she was a secretary or something more official) and told them what I needed and they gave me a copy of a paper talking about Family Forms.

I followed the link and this is where it got me:

Court Programs

Can someone please look at this and tell me which of these I am supposed to fill out? And also, is this what the judge was talking about?

I dont see anything that looks like it pertains to me. My ex is asking for the child support to be lowered, for me to be ordered to meet him half way to where HE moved to, and for me to pay his lawyer and court fees. He filed for the modification. So, does anyone have any idea which of these forms I need to fill out??

I would REEEEAAAAALLLLLLYYYYYY appreciate any help you all could give me.

THANK YOU!!!!
You can use form 12.903(e). If you need more space, you can attach an additional page, but be sure to note on the front that you have attached another page.

In addition to filing the form with the court, be sure to serve your ex with a copy.

maryjo

So, why can't you do this:
Oh I can, I just wasnt sure if I understand the judge or not. He said to do that first and then he mentioned the online forms. I didnt know if I was supposed to do both or if filling out the form from online would be enough.

maryjo

You can use form 12.903(e). If you need more space, you can attach an additional page, but be sure to note on the front that you have attached another page.

In addition to filing the form with the court, be sure to serve your ex with a copy.
Thank you! So, if I mail a copy to his lawyer is that good enough or do I have to actually serve him with it? I dont have a lawyer. And I know I already have a financial affidavit and 3 months worth of paycheck stubs I have to send his lawyer before Oct. 20th.

Gracie3787

Thank you! So, if I mail a copy to his lawyer is that good enough or do I have to actually serve him with it? I dont have a lawyer. And I know I already have a financial affidavit and 3 months worth of paycheck stubs I have to send his lawyer before Oct. 20th.
Mailing a copy to his attorney will be fine.

There shouldn't be any problems, but you might want to send it by certified return reciept just to be safe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">