+ Reply to Thread
    aliachase2007 is offline Member

What happens after a child support modification

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I live in Texas, and In Dec of 09 I asked the child support office for a review. I went to the office on the day they told me to, but my ex didnt show up. They told me that there was reason for a modification (due to his increased income) and that I had to go to court to get it modified since he didnt show up.

Last yr I was able to get a lawyer (he already had one) and we agreed not to go to court. Instead we did a Social Study.
    Now the social study is over, and I am waiting on the revised order with the child support modification. I was told that we are waiting on my ex's w2s so the modification is done correct.
    My ex is trying to get custody of his neice in Africa. If he gets custody before the order is final will that effect the child support on our daughter? I've heard yes and no so I'm not sure whats going to happen.
    Isis1 is offline Senior Member
    Normally, having subsequent children does not lower the obligor's support. States that do authorize, lower it very minimally.