• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what I noticed about FreeAdvice.com

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WVstudent

What is the name of your state? WV

I check this site from time to time since I am a currently studying law. In an initial Google search "free legal advice" this is the first site that popped up so I'm assuming the general public would first choose this site in order to post a legal question. The first thing I noticed was anyone -law degree OR anyone with NO understanding of the law can give out legal advice on this site all you need is an email address in order to register and ask a question OR GIVE LEGAL ADVICE. Some of the answers to the people posting the questions are judgemental --judging them personally and not the facts -and no interpretation of the law . not all just some. I just can't see how advertisers or any companies or organizations can endorse such a website.

seniorjudge

WVstudent said:

I check this site from time to time since I am a currently studying law. In an initial Google search "free legal advice" this is the first site that popped up so I'm assuming the general public would first choose this site in order to post a legal question. The first thing I noticed was anyone -law degree OR anyone with NO understanding of the law can give out legal advice on this site all you need is an email address in order to register and ask a question OR GIVE LEGAL ADVICE. Some of the answers to the people posting the questions are judgemental and no interpretation of the law . not all just some. I just can't see how advertisers or any companies or organizations can endorse such a website.
Thank you for your thoughts.

WVstudent

after seeing some of the posts (answers) are so ridiculous I had to say something about it. Maybe approved moderators (legal experts) can reply to legal questions would be the answer perhaps?

ENASNI

Did you know in West Virginia That No children may attend school with their breath smelling of "wild onions."

bononos

WVstudent said:
after seeing some of the posts (answers) are so ridiculous I had to say something about it. Maybe approved moderators (legal experts) can reply to legal questions would be the answer perhaps?
I AGREE!
I definately don't want someone from WV to reply or give me advice!

seniorjudge

WVstudent said:

I check this site from time to time since I am a currently studying law. In an initial Google search "free legal advice" this is the first site that popped up so I'm assuming the general public would first choose this site in order to post a legal question. The first thing I noticed was anyone -law degree OR anyone with NO understanding of the law can give out legal advice on this site all you need is an email address in order to register and ask a question OR GIVE LEGAL ADVICE. Some of the answers to the people posting the questions are judgemental --judging them personally and not the facts -and no interpretation of the law . not all just some. I just can't see how advertisers or any companies or organizations can endorse such a website.

... FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues. FreeAdvice does NOT vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any posting or the qualifications of any person responding....

You're not a law student....

WVstudent

ENASNI said:
Did you know in West Virginia That No children may attend school with their breath smelling of "wild onions."

Thank you. Prime example. I'm sure the advertisers would love to hear what a helpful site this is. Maybe they just might find a REAL legal advice forum to sponsor??

S

shell007

WVstudent said:
Thank you. Prime example. I'm sure the advertisers would love to hear what a helpful site this is. Maybe they just might find a REAL legal advice forum to sponsor??
Do you have a legal question? You may now consider yourself a contributor!

Welcome!

S

shell007

bononos said:
I AGREE!
I definately don't want someone from WV to reply or give me advice!
Maybe so, but they DO have a lot of experience with "teeth (or lack there of)", and family reunion issues!:D :D

NotSoNew

oh you can be sure if someone gives incorrect legal advice, another poster will call them on it.

but the judgements and insults, those are just an added bonus!

ENASNI

Ooh A Challenge.

WVstudent said:
You are welcome, Also in WV
A person may be placed in jail for up to six months for making fun of someone who does not accept a challenge.

Shay-Pari'e

WVstudent said:
You cannot possibly be a law student. You need to know how to read first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">