• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what if my son has his own income?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slopoke76

Hi everyone, slopoke76 from Idaho here. my child support payment for my son will begin in feb. @ $300 per month. If he has his own income, can this be reduced or eliminated? How much would his gross income need to be?

nohr4u1yr

Unbeleivable

Pay your child support - whether he has an income or not - he is your child - you helped "produce" him and you are liable to support him until he is 18. You must be a real hero in his eyes...

slopoke76

He is 14. I am in the process of forming a limited liability partnership and naming him as my partner. His income and assets in the company would greatly exceed child support payments.

stepmom65

Are you serious?

My ex-husband did the same thing. Started a business, made my son a partner and provided him with a nice income. However, he did always send me the child support check, because the rent, utilities, food, school costs still had to be paid. My son didn't pay those things with his paycheck. We were the parents and it was our responsibility. My ex did not have any problem sending the CS check. Deal with it!!

racer72

Only yours and your ex's income can be used to determine child support. A 14 year old cannot be held liable for household expense, which is what child support is intended.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">