• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the legal method to obtain info?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wnagel

What is the name of your state? KS

I am one of those rare fathers who has custody of their children. Anyway, we have asked for financial information, copies of tax returns, etc. from my ex for about a year. When we imputed income, she had a royal hissy, claiming it was too high, but still failing to give us the proper financial information. What is the proper legal method of obtaining this? Interrogotory? Subpoena? Deposition? or Court order?

Thanks

kids1st

What I did

Im in Missouri

I don't know how different KS and MO are but they are neighbors.

In my divorce, custody and child support was done together.

I know that in MO you can contact Division of Child Support Enforcement. It doesn't cost you anything and they will take it out of her pay check if she fails to pay. I know in MO when child support is ordered payments are paid through DCSE not the directly to the parent. They will go after back support also from the time you have had the child. You can contact your DFS office in your town also and they will give you the info needed.

The only fall back is that if she quits her job as my X did they can not take it out of her check. But the bright side is that in the state of MO you can prosicute when the amount reaches 5000.00

Hope this can help you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">