• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the "max percentage of my Gross Income" that I could be required to pay for C

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mister123321

What is the "max percentage of my Gross Income" that I could be required to pay for C

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California

What is the "max percentage of my Gross Income" that I could be required to pay for Child Support. ( One Child Total )
I heard it's 20% of my Gross, or even more?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California

What is the "max percentage of my Gross Income" that I could be required to pay for Child Support. ( One Child Total )
I heard it's 20% of my Gross, or even more?
I would recommend that you google some child support calculators for CA and run the numbers yourself. There are options available online. CA's child support guidelines are more complicated than some other states. There really isn't a max or minimum percentage, its all based on income, timeshare and the actual expenses related to the child.

20% of gross is likely pretty average, but it could be lower based on timeshare of school aged children or higher based on timeshare of children requiring daycare so that the other parent can work. The actual reality of things is that its expensive to raise children and the child support calculations are designed to ensure that each parent takes their fair share of that cost...based on what they are realistically expected to be able to earn.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">