• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what next

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mshurn1975

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My husband is in jail for a child support warrant from 2010, (ex-wife issues) He last paid child support in 2012. He has been without a job since 2012. His bond was $1900.00 cash, which we don't have. He goes to court on Monday, will they release him with a cheaper bond?
He has not had any run ins with law enforcement for the past 15 years

Proserpina

My husband is in jail for a child support warrant from 2010, (ex-wife issues) He last paid child support in 2012. He has been without a job since 2012. His bond was $1900.00 cash, which we don't have. He goes to court on Monday, will they release him with a cheaper bond?

We have absolutely no way of predicting the outcome but I'd go with "he'll have to pay a purge which may or may not reflect the bond amount".

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

Probably not.

Just Blue

Not an "ex-wife issue". Apparently your "man" has an issue with feeding, clothing and supporting his child/ren. Let him rot in jail.

CSO286

I'm guessing some of those "ex issues" might be related to his failure to pay support.
And before you go into the whole "She never let him see the kids" routine (or whatever it may be), be aware that two wrongs don't make a right. Children have a right to support from both parents.

Next, did he ever file for a modification of his support? He should have done so right away, or once his employment situation became more long term.

No, it is highly unlikely the courts will let him pay a lesser purge amount--especially since it sounds like he hasn't paid support in close to four years.

And, I've worked in child support enforcement. We know that once an NCP is a stationary target (in jail), they can generally get the money to at least cover the purge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">