• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should I be paying in Child Support? California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hey all, my wife and I separated about 2 years ago, it is not a legal separation. Our divorce is still pending our joint BK being finalized. Both are set to be finalized middle of November 2014. My ex and my daughter 4 live with her parents. I give her $400 / week, and pay for her car insurance, cell phone, and car expenses, (= out to a little more than $1,000/ month) and help out with extras when they need it and I can.

My little one is supposed to be starting school soon so I'm going to have to come up with some more money, I'm wondering what is a likely amount a judge would order me to pay? I will probably go above that but I just want a baseline.

I make about $60K / year. My ex is a student, and does not work. My ex has custody of my daughter 90% of the time, ( I work two full time jobs so it's not feasible for her to spend the night with me)

I appreciate any help I can get.

single317dad

Have you tried out the California Child Support Calculator?

http://www.childsup.ca.gov/Resources/CalculateChildSupport.aspx

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">