• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What states charge interest on Child Support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Concerned in CT

What is the name of your state? CT
Hi - I keep reading about interest on child support and I was just wondering what states do this? I think it is great for if I don't pay a bill I would get charged interest! But I live in CT (and I thought they over taxed everyone here!!!) but have never heard about it on CS! It may be the one thing they don't tax!! Thanks!

LdiJ

Concerned in CT said:
Hi - I keep reading about interest on child support and I was just wondering what states do this? I think it is great for if I don't pay a bill I would get charged interest! But I live in CT (and I thought they over taxed everyone here!!!) but have never heard about it on CS! It may be the one thing they don't tax!! Thanks!
As far as I know pretty much all of them do anymore....however an attorney in CT could probably give you the best answer regarding CT.

Phnx02

Concerned in CT said:
Don't count on it. Every state charges interest. Better to just bring your CS current and not have to worry about it.
Plus your kids can eat in the meantime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">