• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what will happen now?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sleeplessnights

What is the name of your state? CA.
I HAVE BACK CS AND STOPPED WORKING TO TAKE CARE OF MY OTHER YOUNG CHILDREN WITH MY NEW HUSBAND. HOW CAN I PAY IF I'M A STAY HOME MOM?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
sleeplessnights said:
I HAVE BACK CS AND STOPPED WORKING TO TAKE CARE OF MY OTHER YOUNG CHILDREN WITH MY NEW HUSBAND. HOW CAN I PAY IF I'M A STAY HOME MOM?
Gee..... Why did you have more children if you couldn't do so and support your others? Either you take shift work when your husband's home to watch these kids, or you find a way to work from home, or you get a job and put these kids in daycare, or whatever. But choosing to have more kids and stay home with them does NOT get you out of paying child support.

Sheesh.

haiku

or have your new hubby pay your child support obligation for you, while you take care of your other kids......why do you think you suddenly have no financial obligation to the child that does not live with you?

Mars4Dude

Welcome to the heartless world of child support

What I don't understand, about child support is why is it more important for the state to receive child support then a single parent trying to raise their children. I raised my two children for 12 years and only received $125.00 for the entire time, the first two years the wonderful child support division made me pay child support for the very children I was raising; thus, ensuring no chance of legal defense, while raising two children and paying child support for the very same children. This left my family with $20 a month for food, clothing and gas. Not everyone runs to get public assistance just because one qualifies. It took me nine years to get child support ordered, then, my former spouse received a large settlement from a workman’s compensation claim. However, my children didn't receive a penny. While the state took the maximum allowed by law for my children's half brother as he lives with his Grandmother and receives public assistance. Now to shoot lead into the wound, the family support division is challenging our 14 year old divorce decree which stated "No Spousal Support Order" but reserved and pursuing $160,000.00 arrears spousal support stating that a 20 year old separation order was never dismissed, when the court referred our divorce decree to the family support division for investigation and report within 120 days with regards to support, which was never done. It is so obvious that the court and the Family Support Division get part of the child and spousal support they collect for the state, back door taxation for job security. I want the Judge and the Director of the Family Support Division to tell my child why they had to go hungry for two years and now. How do I tell my children to cancel their plans of going to college..? So, please put your children first, because no one else does…

BelizeBreeze

sleeplessnights said:
Two Words: DAY CARE.....(o.k. one word)

Here are a few others.
Get off your fat ass and go to work.
Put the cheetos down and find a job.
Give up your parental rights to the child so it can find a REAL mother.
Get your tubes tied THEN find a job.
Reserve a streetlamp in your city.

Need more suggestions?

Mars4Dude

Welcome to the heartless world of child support

What I don't understand, about child support is why is it more important for the state to receive child support then a single parent trying to raise their children. I raised my two children for 12 years and only received $125.00 for the entire time, the first two years the wonderful child support division made me pay child support for the very children I was raising; thus, ensuring no chance of legal defense, while raising two children and paying child support for the very same children. This left my family with $20 a month for food, clothing and gas. Not everyone runs to get public assistance just because one qualifies. It took me nine years to get child support ordered, then, my former spouse received a large settlement from a workman’s compensation claim. However, my children didn't receive a penny. While the state took the maximum allowed by law for my children's half brother as he lives with his Grandmother and receives public assistance. Now to shoot lead into the wound, the family support division is challenging our 14 year old divorce decree which stated "No Spousal Support Order" but reserved and pursuing $160,000.00 arrears spousal support stating that a 20 year old separation order was never dismissed, when the court referred our divorce decree to the family support division for investigation and report within 120 days with regards to support, which was never done. It is so obvious that the court and the Family Support Division get part of the child and spousal support they collect for the state, back door taxation for job security. I want the Judge and the Director of the Family Support Division to tell my child why they had to go hungry for two years and now. How do I tell my children to cancel their plans of going to college..? So, please put your children first, because no one else does…

haiku

who told you welfare is a free ride?.....someone has to pay for it........it SHOULD be the recipient.................

mazajo

WOW! I don't have any advice to offer here; I just want to say that I'm shocked at the nastiness of the replies to an innocent question. I'm sure going to be looking for a new forum for any further questions I have. Just.... wow.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
mazajo said:
WOW! I don't have any advice to offer here; I just want to say that I'm shocked at the nastiness of the replies to an innocent question. I'm sure going to be looking for a new forum for any further questions I have. Just.... wow.
Uuuuh, do you understand what the OP is actually asking?

haiku

As a MOTHER, I find NOTHING nasty about ANY of my replies....

jeez louise...the OP, was asking if she could pick and choose which one of her kids she gets to help take care of, and then someone replied they do not think they should be responsible for thier welfare debt........

sleeplessnights

:confused: when I joined this forum, I thought I'll get some kind of friendly support. Don't be judgemental here, sometimes you don't know what had happen in their past. How it all started why they became a "deadbeat Dad or Mom". Fifteen years ago, my X put me in hell. I was abused by him, so I left him but I did not plan it that day, that very day I had to leave his parents house with nothing , I mean no clothes , no money and no children but just a car which he stoled a week a later. I did not have family to run nor friends to support me. I was alone to fight him back. So in court he hired the best lawyer and I have govt. assistance. I'm supposed to have visitation, but he has all kinds of conditions that only benefits him. I was stalked, harrassed, vandalized anything I own like my second car. But everytime I complain to court or call a police, they could not catch him is because he was good at it. No body believes me then. I was nothing. He brainwashed my kids, he manipulated the situation in court, and even brainwashed my own lawyer. He threaten me to get away from my kids or he wont stop ruining my life. I had to do, what I had to do to leave them alone. Until my new husband rescued me from my nightmares. There is no days I don't look back and wish I had back bone to fought back.

haiku

sleeplessnights said:
:confused: when I joined this forum, I thought I'll get some kind of friendly support. Don't be judgemental here, sometimes you don't know what had happen in their past. How it all started why they became a "deadbeat Dad or Mom". Fifteen years ago, my X put me in hell. I was abused by him, so I left him but I did not plan it that day, that very day I had to leave his parents house with nothing , I mean no clothes , no money and no children but just a car which he stoled a week a later. I did not have family to run nor friends to support me. I was alone to fight him back. So in court he hired the best lawyer and I have govt. assistance. I'm supposed to have visitation, but he has all kinds of conditions that only benefits him. I was stalked, harrassed, vandalized anything I own like my second car. But everytime I complain to court or call a police, they could not catch him is because he was good at it. No body believes me then. I was nothing. He brainwashed my kids, he manipulated the situation in court, and even brainwashed my own lawyer. He threaten me to get away from my kids or he wont stop ruining my life. I had to do, what I had to do to leave them alone. Until my new husband rescued me from my nightmares. There is no days I don't look back and wish I had back bone to fought back.
none of this excuses the fact those children you left behind are YOUR children also and need to be supported partly by you.

nextwife

If YOU were the CS recipient and CP of these kids, and your ex had expanded his family with a new wife and said he couldn't pay CS because he was going to stop working and be a SAHP, THEN what would you think about the question?

sleeplessnights

:( It's easy for you to throw the question back to me, because you were not the one married to my X. He took my kids away from me mentally & physically, by using his power of threats. It's not because he actually cared for those kids but all he cared for was himself. He figured I'm not going back to him so he used our kids s a trap but the thing I did not take the bait. I did'nt want to be married to him anymore. And he could'nt accept the fact we are over as husband & wife. So revenge started in his part. I was scared for my life. Have you ever encountered a manipulator? Hope you experience once so you know where I'm coming from. I know I have obligation to pay CS but he has obligation to let me see our kids.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">