• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Whats needed to File Motion for over pymt of Child Support in NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rpl1226

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I have been overpaying Child Support since roughly 2008. By using the NJ Child Support Website Calculator, I estimate that I have over paid close to $60,000 over this period. and that is probably understating the amount as my Ex-wife's true income level is unknown to me. I do know she purchased a new home in her own name that was on the market for $870,000. So she needed to show a good amount of income to secure the mortgage in her own name. There is a 2-3 times disparity our income levels between she and I in her favor. I need to get this adjusted I know, but what about the over payments that can be proven by comparing both of our actual income levels over the past 8 years, and what I did pay for child support, versus what should have paid. Any one familiar with anything like this in New Jersey.

Thanks

rpl1226

I purposely posted the 2 separate questions because they are different topics. seeking information on filing a motion for over payment of child support is different question than, asking if there is any cases, or case law on NCP recieving child support on NCP visitation time. Thanks

Just Blue

I purposely posted the 2 separate questions because they are different topics. seeking information on filing a motion for over payment of child support is different question than, asking if there is any cases, or case law on NCP recieving child support on NCP visitation time. Thanks
They are regarding the same topic and therefor should be posted on the same thread. Thank You for your anticipated cooperation.

Blue:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">