• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

when Child Support ends ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PeterSekhon

Name of State is California

Hi
I have he court order (I pay ) saying as below:
I want to know which date will come first? little confusion with legal wording ,,please help.

"The child support shall continue each and every month thereafter until the child dies, is married, is emancipated, becomes an active member of the armed forces or until further Order of the Court, or as to an unmarried child who has attained the age of 18 years, is a full-time high school student, and who is not self supporting, until the time such child completes the 12th grade, or attains the age of 19 years, whichever comes first."

Thanks

Last edited:

Proserpina

Name of State is California

Hi
I have he court order (I pay ) saying as below:
I want to know which date will come first? little confusion with legal wording ,,please help.

"The child support shall continue each and every month thereafter until the child dies, is married, is emancipated, becomes an active member of the armed forces or until further Order of the Court, or as to an unmarried child who has attained the age of 18 years, is a full-time high school student, and who is not self supporting, until the time such child completes the 12th grade, or attains the age of 19 years, whichever comes first."

Thanks
If one of the above events happens, that's the date when the child support obligation ends. If none of those things happen, child support ends when the child becomes 19 years old.

I'm not sure how much clarification you need.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">