• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

when does Health ins oblagation end

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rosemary6

:eek: What is the name of your state? Texas

My step daughter just graduated high school and her dads child support ended for her may 31, 2006 ... his health ins will no longer consider her his dependent as of her 19th birthday, which is in july of this year . Her mother insists he still must carry health ins. for her because she will be taking college classes . She will not be a full time student and will not be taking any classes at this time that are considered "college credits" . So my question is are we going to have to obtain and pay for health ins through a privite company .What is the name of your state?

MrsK

If his child support obligation ended, then his insurance obligation should've as well. Let the girl get her own insurance.

Rosemary6

I agree MrsK .. but her mother has different ideas, does she have a leg to stand on? should we be setting money back for a lawyer ?

MrsK

Rosemary6 said:
I agree MrsK .. but her mother has different ideas, does she have a leg to stand on? should we be setting money back for a lawyer ?
Does his order require him to pay support or college expenses? Texas, as a state, doesnt require it (college expenses) but if his order requires that or his order says he is to continue past age 18 or graduation, then maybe...but I doubt it says that, or he wouldnt have quit paying.

I mean...I guess you could save $ for a lawyer, but why? If she tries to file they will just tell her she cant & its her problem.

Personally, unless his order states that he has to do that...ignore her. He's done with his obligation.

Last edited:

MrsK

fairisfair said:
" her dads child support ended for her may 31, 2006 "
There could still be an order for 1/2 of college expenses, etc. I was double checking. What's up your ass?

fairisfair

MrsK said:
There could still be an order for 1/2 of college expenses, etc. I was double checking. What's up your ass?
I was simply responding to your question, which had already been answered. You however, show your class, as always.

MrsK

fairisfair said:
I was simply responding to your question, which had already been answered. You however, show your class, as always.
As do you. Oh how I aspire to be like you one day....uhh...wait, nevermind. :rolleyes:

Rosemary6

thanks ... his order does not require he pay any college it says his cs ends the month of 18th birthday or the month of HS graduation which ever is later ... it states he is ordered to provide health ins but never mentions an ending time for that, we assumed it ended with the support since his ins company no longer considers her his dependent . like i said she is threatening, .....

MrsK

Rosemary6 said:
thanks ... his order does not require he pay any college it says his cs ends the month of 18th birthday or the month of HS graduation which ever is later ... it states he is ordered to provide health ins but never mentions an ending time for that, we assumed it ended with the support since his ins company no longer considers her his dependent . like i said she is threatening, .....
Ignore her. You guys are in the clear.

GrowUp!

Rosemary6 said:
Tell her to shove her threats up her backside (offer to provide her Vaseline if she needs that assistance LOL). Medical coverage is considered support, so that ended when the child support did since it's not separately indicated on the order.

Threaten HER with legal action if she continues her actions.

Rosemary6

LOL growup ... how i would love to tell her just that ..... but there are 2 other children and we will already lose visitation over this, like every other time the ex doesn't get her way. :rolleyes:

Neal1421

Rosemary6 said:
LOL growup ... how i would love to tell her just that ..... but there are 2 other children and we will already lose visitation over this, like every other time the ex doesn't get her way. :rolleyes:
If she is denying visitation, your hubby needs to file contempt of court on her if there is a visitation order. Is there one?

Rosemary6

oh we have filed and filed and filed lol never a single one went in front of a judge.... we been living with that for 6 years now . And let me add hubby has never missed a cs payment, calls his kids everyday and see them every chance he gets. We have several more years so we just try and get by the best we can .... she will hold visitation a few weeks , until she needs a babysitter then all will be fine til the next time she gets a bug up her butt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">