• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

when to go to court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dreamwarr

What is the name of your state? az
my husband and his former girlfriend have a 9 year old daughter. they settled out of court, just deciding between themselves on an amount for child support. we have paid this faithfully every month, even increasing the amount when my step-daughter started school. but my husbands ex keeps threatening to take us to court if we dont give in to her every request. they live in a different state, we pay for all the plane tickets here. we have given up some of the time with his daughter so they could go on vacation. we have emptied our bank account to help pay for her car repairs. i'm tired of jumping through hoops for this woman and would be willing to go to court to get her off our backs. would it be worth it? i don't work, i stay home with our two small children, so a large increase in child support would really hit us hard. please help.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Your best bet would be for Dad to check out an online support calculator to see where he falls in with state guidelines.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">