• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When a teenager leaves home who gets the child support..updat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

molly61

What is the name of your state? NC

Oops....looks like all the info you imparted today was way off bat.WE spoke with a Family Lawyer today and the answer was so simple.....and yes the grandma can get the support.

To the person who referred to me as a pushy stepmom..
If loving another womans child enough to be concerned about his physical and mental well being labels me in that way,then heck,I shall wear that badge with pride.

To tuffbrk..
His mom choose to visit the bar seven nights a week straight from work and then drive home drunk.If a child begs his mom to stop and she doesnt...well what would you do,but under no circumstance ever would I degrade his mom to him. After all,SHE is his mother.All WE can do is reassure him.

As a p.s....a question for you.

A) Child support being spent at the bar?
B) Child support being spent on the child?
Thats the operative word,its meant for the childs welfare.

Free advice is a very dangerous thing.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Funny - I'm owed over $100,000 in CS. That is NOT "to support the child", it is to reimburse me for money I've already spent to support the child. I can go and blow it on a matching pair of corvettes (one for the day and one for the night) without feeling guilty.

NOBODY here said the CS *couldn't* go to the grandma :rolleyes:

I'm glad you were able to get someone to tell you what you wanted to hear. Funny how that happens so often around here :rolleyes:

justalayman

Uh, hate to tell you this but child support does not need to be accounted for. It is considered to go to the entire budget and not a specific use unless specifically stated so. It is used to assist in providing for the child.

If mom wants to spend it on marshmallow bunnies (cheeps), it is her perogative. Dad is required to pay towards the care of his child, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">