• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where is his purge going/

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oxwigglesxo

I live in NC but I am going through Florida Child Support Enforcement and Virginia Child Support Enforcement. My daughters father has paid $660 and purged himself out of jail a little over a week ago. Is there anyway I can find out whether the purge payment is coming to me or the state? I've tried to google it but can't a website or anything.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I live in NC but I am going through Florida Child Support Enforcement and Virginia Child Support Enforcement. My daughters father has paid $660 and purged himself out of jail a little over a week ago. Is there anyway I can find out whether the purge payment is coming to me or the state? I've tried to google it but can't a website or anything.
You probably should pick up the phone for this one...

Gracie3787

calling would be the easiest way to find out.

Does your ex owe the state for reimbursment for public assisitance you recieved?

Either way, with 3 states involved, even when a payment is made it can easily take a couple of weeks for it to reach you.

oxwigglesxo

You probably should pick up the phone for this one...
calling would be the easiest way to find out.

Does your ex owe the state for reimbursment for public assisitance you recieved?

Either way, with 3 states involved, even when a payment is made it can easily take a couple of weeks for it to reach you.
I called child support enforcement and left a message, the lady said they have 3 weeks to get back to me. So hopefully I either get the money by then or someone calls me or mails me something by then. Thanks for the info.

Anyone else with info would be greatly appreciated.

As long as there is any arrears owed to you, then the money will come to you (although it could take some time as was mentioned).

After the 1996 change in the law (Personal Responsibility Welfare etc....) cs became a "family first" imperative. So with few exceptions (income tax refund for example) any money collected goes to the family so long as there is a balance owing to them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">