• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where would the money go

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SKeene

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

So I am 22 years old, my legal father is supposedly $5,000 or so left in payments. At my age would the payments go directly to me?
Or would it still go to my mother and am I entitled to the money? Am I able to contact anyone about getting the money?

Silverplum

So I am 22 years old, my legal father is supposedly $5,000 or so left in payments. At my age would the payments go directly to me?
Or would it still go to my mother and am I entitled to the money? Am I able to contact anyone about getting the money?
No. Child support is for your parent, not for your direct use.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Your father owes your mother. You are owed NOTHING if these are arrears.

SKeene

I figured I wouldn't get it, I was just curious. My mother has no interest in going after the money and I wasn't sure if I could pursue it any further. Thank you for letting me know, have a nice day all.

Silverplum

I figured I wouldn't get it, I was just curious. My mother has no interest in going after the money and I wasn't sure if I could pursue it any further. Thank you for letting me know, have a nice day all.
Congrats on besting me, SKeene! :) :cool:

Thanks for returning with a thanks. :):)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">