• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who do they make pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

matteberly25

What is the name of your state? OHIO

IM 16 and i have a beautiful little daughter who was takin out of my life by my girlfriend and her mother :confused: and i miss her so much.im going to go try to do something about this in court now,..but since im a minor who do they make pay child support.. still me?and if i talked to my ex girlfriend and we made a little agreement (parent plan) and wrote it down and signed it and stuff stating that we dont have to do the child support but we will help each other with money when ever we need it?

Last edited:

king sol

Who do you want to pay for the care of your child?

For the price of a condom, you could have saved yourself this worry! TaHee!

In ohio, Mom has custody until you go to court and a judge says different. I'm assuming your child is being supported by aid. If so, welfare will come after you for what they have paid out.

You are doomed to a life of financial support of your offspring, so..... bite the bullet!~ Go to court for a custody/visitation schedule, so you have legal rights as Daddy!

And with all that said......Congratulation, POP! Regardless of your age, you have been blessed with the most wonderful gift from God.....value it! Be a great Daddy!

Phnx02

matteberly25 said:
What is the name of your state? OHIO

IM 16 and i have a beautiful little daughter who was takin out of my life by my girlfriend and her mother :confused: and i miss her so much.im going to go try to do something about this in court now,..but since im a minor who do they make pay child support.. still me?and if i talked to my ex girlfriend and we made a little agreement (parent plan) and wrote it down and signed it and stuff stating that we dont have to do the child support but we will help each other with money when ever we need it?
Matt: (I'm going to call you Matt) You have posted before and there's ALOT more to your story than just what was posted here. Not everyone reading your NEW post knows this, so will only respond to the limited information given.

Like so may replies before.....you MUST file for paternity, visitation, and CS immediately. It's great you and your girlfriend are on such good terms and you are trying to be a caring, responsible dad....but you need to file for all of the above to guarantee yourself certain parental rights....and save yourself so much heartache and stress! You said you were given a list of attorneys......call them!

Child support will be your sole obligation.....not your parents. You are 16 and of legal age to hold down a job. If you and your girlfriend are willing to agree to certain CS terms outside of a judge's orders......that's great! But again, in order to protect your rights.....especially since her parents are trying to limit your visits, you need to file this agreement with your local family court. Most judges like when parents can agree without fighting it out in the courtroom, and will rule accordingly. Once filed, this will be a legal, binding contract and if her parents don't allow you to visit your child according to these orders, they can be held in contempt. Without this, you are just right back where you started from.....at the mercy of her parents controlling if and when you see your daughter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">