• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who incurrs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

uniquedaydream

What is the name of your state? UT
Hi! My wife takes the kids that we have joint custody with to the dr and the dentist and never tells me. I have the insurance policy on them. I get notified when I receive the statement or the Dr bill which comes to me. then I pay the bill, notify her about her half, etc. I recently got a letter from her lawyer stating that I did not give her notice of the bill and took all of it out at once. He said I incurred the bill and should have notified her,. I do notify her when I am ready to pay the bill. My daughter recently went to the hospital emergency room and almost died. I was not told until I got the statement a week later. Now they want me to pay all of the hospital bill. I am just confused on who incurrs the bill and I want to know if she should be telling me within the the thirty days that is stated in the divorce of taking them to the dr so it won't surprise me when the bill comes. i can not afford all these medical bills. She pays nothing on the insurance and I give her over half my take home for alimony. What can I do? I also found out that she had the insurance changed to her address and received checks in my name and still has not given them to me. I found out accidently and had the address changed back to me... help I am at the end of my rope... thanks

BelizeBreeze

uniquedaydream said:
What is the name of your state? UT
Hi! My wife takes the kids that we have joint custody with to the dr and the dentist and never tells me. I have the insurance policy on them. I get notified when I receive the statement or the Dr bill which comes to me. then I pay the bill, notify her about her half, etc. I recently got a letter from her lawyer stating that I did not give her notice of the bill and took all of it out at once. He said I incurred the bill and should have notified her,. I do notify her when I am ready to pay the bill. My daughter recently went to the hospital emergency room and almost died. I was not told until I got the statement a week later. Now they want me to pay all of the hospital bill. I am just confused on who incurrs the bill and I want to know if she should be telling me within the the thirty days that is stated in the divorce of taking them to the dr so it won't surprise me when the bill comes. i can not afford all these medical bills. She pays nothing on the insurance and I give her over half my take home for alimony. What can I do? I also found out that she had the insurance changed to her address and received checks in my name and still has not given them to me. I found out accidently and had the address changed back to me... help I am at the end of my rope... thanks
What does YOUR attorney tell you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">